The Twelve Hours of Sebring
The Sebring Regional Airport is home to one of the most famous races in the world – The 12 Hours of Sebring International Grand Prix of Endurance. The first race was held on New Year’s Eve Day, 1950, and lasted six hours. Two years later, the race was moved to March, and promoted by Russian-born Alec Ulmann. An internationalist and founder of the Sports Car Club of America, Ulmann built the competition, bringing in world-famous drivers like Sterling Moss of England, World Champion Juan Manuel Fangio of Argentina, and Indy 500 winners like Bob Sweikart. Nobility, and Hollywood actors like Steve McQueen and Paul Newman, have run the historic circuit.
The crush of fans has grown as well, from a few thousand at the first affair, to an estimated 170,000 last year, ranging from serious motor sports aficionados to the partiers in the infamous “Green Park” area near the hairpin turn.
Sebring International Raceway’s new 10,000 square-foot administration building includes staff offices, track registration center, gift shop and ticket office. This building will be a new landmark for Sebring and it will better serve race fans, officials and competitors while further enhancing Sebring’s stature in the motorsports industry. With this new building Panoz Motor Sports Group in maintaining Sebring’s reputation as a world-class motorsports facility.
Pistons & Props: Nov. 30-Dec. 4
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Phone: 727-573-1340
Click to download: Race Entry-Form.pdf
Testing And Other Activities
With a mild year-round climate and a versatile facility, Sebring International Raceway is one of the most active automotive racing test facilities in the United States.
Scca And Club Events:
The SCCA stages both regional and national non-spectator races and solo event during the year.
Many drivers have started their careers by attending competition-driving schools at Sebring. One of the largest is the Skip Barber Racing School, which has a permanent facility at the Raceway.
Get the latest eNews
128 Authority Lane
Sebring, Florida 33870
(863) 655-6447 (fax)